Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Growth in the 4th month

I'm reading a pamphlet from the Pregnancy Information Center about a baby's growth in the 4th month & wanted to share it with all of you:



Month 4 "I'm nine inches!" "I had a dream!"



"The baby's brain has begun maturing - a process that will continue until she is about 14 years old. Her eyelids are now sealed shut and will re-open at 7 months. Her taste buds are now working. Nutrients consumed by her mother are passed on to her within an hour or two. Three hundred quarts of fluid a day are sent to the baby via the umbilical cord. Fine hair begins to grow on head, eyebrows, and eyelashes. Facial expressions similar to the baby's parents can be seen at this time. This month REMs (rapid eye movements) have been recorded - a sign of dreaming."



I just thought that was a simple, yet exciting view of what's going on inside my womb right now. Today I am 17 weeks gestation & have been feeling movements since 14+5 weeks, but only occasionally & when I am resting/laying down. It is exciting! I am still throwing up on occasion, but less nauseous over-all. I am getting very impatient to know if this little one is a boy or a girl & can't wait to find out (hopefully at my 19 week appointment). All my bloodwork came back normal & I found out that my blood type is AB positive (I believe the same as my dad's). My mom is A positive. They check your blood type when you are pregnant to see if you will need rhogam or not. This is a blood product they give mother's who's blood type is negative to prevent her antigens from attacking a baby who has a different blood type. It is hard to explain, but something that could cause multiple miscarriages if you didn't get treated!



Vince and I just celebrated our 4 year anniversary at White Pines State Park in Oregon, IL. That is where we got married, but we never stayed the night there. We went camping for the first time ever together, and got to take a horse and carriage ride (20 minutes) for only $25! This was one thing that I had wanted to do on our wedding day but never did because of the cost (much more than $25). So we went on our first carriage ride with Zoey the pup & had a romantic weekend get-away. Very fun! I will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment