Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's a Girl!

So yesterday we had the privilege of finding out during the 19 week ultrasound that our little baby is most likely a girl. Of course, it's never 100%, but after 2 scans of not seeing "boy parts", and the baby was clearly spreading her legs for us, I am pretty convinced. :) I think I'm pretty set on the name "Gracelyn Raye" and Vince is fine with it. He would probably care more about a boy's name. Grace is after my youngest sister Sara's middle name. Lynn is my grandma's name & also one of my best friend's who I went to college with & work with at the hospital. And Raye is my mother-in-law, Jackie Carbone's middle name. She really wanted a girl because she only had boys & never had any girl cousins, aunts, nieces, daughters, or any close female relative. So I have the privilege of giving her the first grand-daughter. :) I feel special! My "Other Mother" went with me to the doctor's visit yesterday and recorded a video during the ultrasound. She kept saying that she still couldn't believe that it was a girl. lol. I think she was in shock! I had thought it was a boy pretty much the whole pregnancy up until my 15 week ultrasound when we clearly saw between the legs & nothing was there. That's when I started changing my mind...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!! I am going to have so much fun dressing her up in little cutsie outfits. :) I can't wait! I'm going to wash all the clothes I've stored up from garage sales & start getting the nursery room ready. I have a lot of books too...

Little Gracelyn Raye is now 10 ounces & is very active! She enjoys keeping her legs and feet up by the side of her body & head, and moving her arms around by the side of her face. She is very cute & has a button nose. She enjoys kicking her mommy's bladder every day & thinks it's a trampoline. Her mommy can feel her moving daily & is less nauseous now. (Thank you God!) She's made her mommy gain 5.5lbs so far & makes her very hungry! Can't wait to meet you Gracelyn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment